Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hd channel picture poor

Picture on all hd channels doesn’t look clean and quite blurry. Tried every tv setting under the sun. Reset box, change all settings on tv etc. Still doesn’t look great. My I use tv apps built in picture is crystal clear. Driving me crazy 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hd channel picture poor

Have you changed the HDMI cable to a new better quality one - and tried it on other HDMI ports on the TV?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Brand new hdmi. High speed. Everything runs through av receiver 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Try connecting it direct without the receiver and see how the HD channels look.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It’s not the receiver. I run a Mac mini PS4 and uhd Blu-Ray through it and have no problems. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ahhh - ok - but it wouldnt be the first time the V6 had a problem with a receiver that other devices didnt.
Anyways, a real expert in this area should be along soon and offer more help.

--------------------
John
--------------------

Highlighted
Superfast
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Funny you've posted this, I've had the same problem since the weekend, blurry on every HD CHANNEL and as for the standard Channels I just don't watch them anymore because the picture is so bad, and it's definitely nothing to do with the old changing the HDMI Cable routine that gets rolled out everytime there's a problem, I'm sure that there is a dumbing down in the quality and it's not just a coincidence.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Try

This

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos