Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Having to turn VM box off and on for Netflix

For as long as I can remember, every time we try and watch something on Netflix via the app on Virgin Media V6 box, the program doesn't play and we get a Netflix error message "Unable to show content at this time" (Or something similar).

The solution is to turn the V6 box off and then back on again. This isn't the end of the world, but is becoming increasingly frustrating. Takes us long enough to find a show we both agree on, without having to restart the box every time!

Can anyone shed some light on why this may be happening and if there is a permanent solution?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Having to turn VM box off and on for Netflix

Hi 

How is the v6 box connected to the router?

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

Do you only have 1 v6 box? If you have 2 try swapping them around? do you have a smart tv can you play it on there? due to covid19 its really busy so if it can wait till then that would be great. If you can PM me i cab run diagnostic checks.

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

You can also save £50 off your bill by recommending someone onto virgin media. To find out more PM me.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Neilt11, the box is connected directly to the router. 

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We only have the one box. Yes this can certainly wait and is not an urgent issue. I posted on here rather than calling as they'll be far more urgent issues to deal with at the moment and I suspect VM have a lot WFH at this time. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It could be an issue with Netflix or the box.

You can always ring cs and they can send a box out to you.

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

You can also save £50 off your bill by recommending someone onto virgin media. To find out more PM me.

0 Kudos