Menu
mandid
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Having to reset every day

Hi,

I had Virgin installed 4 weeks ago and for the first few weeks was fine, now however once i have switched off my tv, if I want to watch again I need to reset my Virgin box before I can do as it is totally unresponsive unless I do a reset- meaning I have to do this every day!! is this a fault with the box- very surprising considering its 4 weeks old! Any advice would be appreciated

0 Kudos
michaeldavis
Well-informed
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Having to reset every day

A V6 box will tend to go into a power saving mode after 4 hours, unless set it to be Always on.

To get the V6 out of standby mode press the TV button, or press the Standby button once.

To check the power mode your V6 box is set to:
Home > Help & Settings > Devices > Power Saving Setting

Generally speaking the Connected on Low power is the best setting as it allows you to use the TV Go app on your phone.

You can't learn anything from a mistake until you admit that you've made it.
0 Kudos
mandid
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

hi, thank you but sometimes it comes on but then i cant do anything, switch channels etc and sometimes it doesnt matter what i press it is non responsive (i have changed batteries in remote just in case- but no change) and also it was working fine- none of the settings have been changed

0 Kudos
michaeldavis
Well-informed
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The V6 remote by default works in IR mode (Infra Red) and can be set into RF mode (Radio Frequency).

IR mode can have response issue and repeated pressing of buttons make the situation worse.

RF mode is more stable and does not suffer from the same response issue.

I would suggest changing your remote over to RF mode
Home > Help & Settings > Settings> Devices > Remote Control Pairing
With Pair new V6 remote highlighted press OK and follow the on screen instructions.

You can't learn anything from a mistake until you admit that you've made it.
0 Kudos
mandid
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you have done that so fingers crossed I wont need to reset tomorrow 🙂

0 Kudos
mandid
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

okay no joy- in fact in the middle of watching a film whilst i was recording another my box became completely unresponsive so needed a reset again- double checked settings and have eco on rather than  the standby mode...

0 Kudos
highfields9
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just ring them, they'll try to make out that they can download updates or other software mods but if your box is freezing up the only cure is a new box, the v6 is rubbish, not fit for purpose but Virgin are never going to admit that whilst they can fob folk off changing the box for a new one - this is not fixing the problem, simply replacing the problem.

0 Kudos
mandid
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

okay what a joke- as a new customer im extremely frustrated and not happy. Cannot get through on phone as the 'tests' cut my phone off and the online chat aparantly my wait time is 17 seconds - still waiting 10 minutes later should have stuck with Sky!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Raziel_I
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello Mandid,

Thanks for your post.

We completely understand your frustration, especially when you have to keep on resetting your Virgin Box. How are things looking at the moment? Sorry that you have to wait that long before getting through to online chat support. To make it convenient for you, I recommend you getting in touch with us via text message instead. You can use this number 07533051809. We are free from Monday to Friday 8am till 7pm.

Please keep us posted for any assistance needed.

Raziel_I

0 Kudos