Menu
Alisonw44
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Has anyone used the texting helpline?

I sent a question to Virgin via the text option yesterday but as yet I have not received an answer. I was wondering if anyone else has used this service and, if so, how long it took to get a reply?

I only want to know how to order a WiFi booster for my intermittent service in my loft room - identified by the Virgin Connect app but the link does not work!

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Has anyone used the texting helpline?

I have and it worked pretty quickly for me - but some people get no responses !

Are you still trying to get through and order them. If so be aware that they are only "free" on the full house/maxit packages (or above) - otherwise they will charge you £3/mo. - and you would be far better served using those monies to get your own better quality solution or wireless equipment to sort your issue.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Alisonw44
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi John

Thanks for your reply. I still have not had a reply from Virgin - no more than I expected really. I will look into sourcing my own (cheaper) solution.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Don't go cheap 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Alisonw44

Sorry for the delay in getting back to your post on here 

I am happy to help get these boosters ordered for you

I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Check whether they are "free" or £3/mo before deciding.

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos