cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has PIN requirement changed or my viewing habits?

vginforum
Dialled in

Or maybe even my Tivo box.

I got a replacement V6 box a couple of weeks ago and seem to need to enter my PIN more often than before.

Every time I want to watch, during the day, a recording of a programme that was originally broadcast post-2100 I am asked to enter my PIN, even for such things as the news or Strictly. Even if I return to a partly watched recording.

Has something changed recently or did I just not notice this before. Perhaps because I didn't watch those recordings during the day.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi have you gone into the pin settings and limited as much as possible the need for a pin number. Regards Micky

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Steve1701
Rising star

Hi vginforum,

All content that you try to watch outside of watershed hours that is age protected, requires a PIN under Ofcom regulations.

It doesn't matter if it's live TV or a recording you have made.

So depending on the program, you'll now be asked for a PIN if you are trying to watch before 21:00 hours.

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

Thank you for your reply. But it doesn't seem to be 'age-protected', just time of recording.
Strictly Come Dancing is surely not age-protected but every time I play or resume the recording I have to use a PIN. And if I record Click (BBC News) on its original lunchtime broadcast no PIN, on its early morning repeat, PIN.
It's just a blanket time requirement it seems.
Surely even Ofcom isn't that dumb

Hi have you gone into the pin settings and limited as much as possible the need for a pin number. Regards Micky

Thank you, it really was that simple. An on/off switch in Parental Controls. Nothing about Ofcom, age-settings or time, Just 'stop using PIN'
I'd hesitated about changing that before but all is done. Thank you

Hi that's okay, but the other contributors are not wrong regarding Ofcom if you have the sky cinema channels for instance they are showing some films with adult content at all times of the day from early in the morning, so you can't turn them off, that was thier point regarding ofcom. Regards Micky