Menu
gavk
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Had no TV for 2 days - every channel just shows a black screen (but tv guide works)

I have not been successful getting through to Virgin Media over the phone OR twitter. The TV service has not been working for 2 days now, I simply get a black screen for ALL channels. I have tried doing a full hard reset so the box is totally clear of any previous settings or shows stored on the device.

I have had so many issues with Virgin this year it almost feels like i'm being punished - can someone at Virgin please help I don't really want to leave but if the TV cannot be fixed then I'll have no option.

If anyone from the VM team does see this post feel free to message and i'll provide you with my personal details to try to resolve the matter.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Had no TV for 2 days - every channel just shows a black screen (but tv guide works)

Have you checked for “known network faults”?

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), there is also a Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others) and see what they say when they look at it. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number.
The UK call centre is still picking up and calling at 08.00 gives the best chance of getting through quickly, although I got through recently in 20' at ~1pm midweek.

You can also text them on 07533 051809 include account name/number and what the issue is – replies may take longer though.

A VM person will pick it up here but it can takes several days.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
gavk
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Had no TV for 2 days - every channel just shows a black screen (but tv guide works)

Thanks - i'll try to call in the day or early morning when it is hopefully less busy

0 Kudos
gavk
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture problems

I have the same problem for E4 and all the other channels give me a black screen 😞

0 Kudos