cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HLG TNT Stutters

mrjaffa
Tuning in

Hi all. 

I notice we have HLG available on TNT sports this season. But it seems to have serious frame rate issues or just stutters. 

Can be ok for a minute but then will happen again. 

Anyone experienced this or knows what’s wrong? I even looked for the setting to turn HLG off just to avoid it but couldn’t find that. 

11 REPLIES 11

This issue with stutter on Sky AND TNT sports channels - may be to do with your 'Judder Control' settings on the tv itself.  THe HDR blanking is likely a settings issue too.

There has been some off juddery effects seem on TNT Sports Ultimate transmissions - but they doesn't seem to have been present this weekend.

@steveconrad wrote:

Morning all, 

I notice the same sort of effect on both TNT and the Sky UHD channels in fact for me the Sky channels are worse, FF and REW don't really work well and the HDR will blink on and off at regular intervals. Recordings are just as bad too, so I try and watch stuff live if I can. 

If I didn't know better, I'd say that the box isn't able to process the data fast enough (I've no idea if the box is SSD or HD) so this is the V6's equivalent of buffering. Once the interruption is over (maybe 3-4 seconds on my setup) then the picture is OK for a few minutes. Rinse and repeat. 

According to the system info I have a DCX960 platform with HW version 2048.0. Is there a newer version of the V6 which has a faster processor/disk? It's not a bandwidth issue I don't think, I get a steady 300mbps. 

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Hi @Yonda1960 

Thanks for posting.

I am sorry to hear of any issues with the Ultimate channel. I didn't notice anything on yesterday's game so do let us know if any further issues. 

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill