cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HLG TNT Stutters

mrjaffa
Tuning in

Hi all. 

I notice we have HLG available on TNT sports this season. But it seems to have serious frame rate issues or just stutters. 

Can be ok for a minute but then will happen again. 

Anyone experienced this or knows what’s wrong? I even looked for the setting to turn HLG off just to avoid it but couldn’t find that. 

11 REPLIES 11

hushmore
Tuning in

Yes - this exact thing is happening to me. It’s really badly affecting the live football but also the adverts and other stuff on there.

I won’t bother ringing the useless Virgin call centre who will tell me to switch the box off and on again then tell me it will be a problem at my end. It’s obviously an issue at Virgin’s end but they will deny it.

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @mrjaffa, thank you for your post 😀

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're experiencing 😔

Are you getting any error codes or messages showing on the screen when this happens? Advice on how to fix common TV issues can be found here.

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,

Daniel

No error messages. Just stuttering on the picture. 
It must be an issue with the HLG / HDR. Virgin hadn’t supported this previously, not on BT (TNT) sports anyway. And so it may be a new issue that needs flagging with whoever?

Hi @mrjaffa, thank you for your response.

I can confirm that this is now being investigated as we're aware it's a general issue.

We'll aim to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Regards,
Daniel

Yonda1960
Tuning in

I have also noticed this on TNT ultimate. Makes it nearly unwatchable. Have reverted to the HD channel for the football until this is confirmed as fixed.

ozsat
Superstar

For today's game (AFC Bournemouth v Tottenham Hotspur) - can you post the game clock time at a point you see the issue?

I'm was not watching 100% - but I can playback record to check.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Yesterday’s game was much better, didn’t notice a single stutter so looks like they have sorted it. Just wish they would dim that ridiculously bright logo.

Morning all, 

I notice the same sort of effect on both TNT and the Sky UHD channels in fact for me the Sky channels are worse, FF and REW don't really work well and the HDR will blink on and off at regular intervals. Recordings are just as bad too, so I try and watch stuff live if I can. 

If I didn't know better, I'd say that the box isn't able to process the data fast enough (I've no idea if the box is SSD or HD) so this is the V6's equivalent of buffering. Once the interruption is over (maybe 3-4 seconds on my setup) then the picture is OK for a few minutes. Rinse and repeat. 

According to the system info I have a DCX960 platform with HW version 2048.0. Is there a newer version of the V6 which has a faster processor/disk? It's not a bandwidth issue I don't think, I get a steady 300mbps. 

mrjaffa
Tuning in

I thought the same too Steve, probably the box unable to cope. Although I did have the game on yesterday and I actually completely forgot about the issue. I wasn’t paying full attention to the game but maybe it was sorted as I didn’t notice it.