Menu
ng21
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

HDMI Splitter no longer working with Tivo 6 box

I had my TiVo box set up with an HDMI splitter Techole 4K UHD 3D 2 way splitter and whilst getting some work done it stopped working.

after checking all the HDMI cables were working I decided to purchase a new splitter  couldn’t find the same one so purchased an Ezcoo which seemed the same specs but couldn’t get it to work and was confused with the variety of settings along with seeing no light to show power pressumed it was faulty.

I managed to find on Amazon what appeared to be the same Techole splitter that had broken and again in setting this one up I could see the power light on but nothing coming through to either TV.

hoping someone might have some troubleshooting ideas?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: HDMI Splitter no longer working with Tivo 6 box

It could be that the splitter only supports HDCP 1.4, so get one which supports HDCP 2.2. Also powered is better than unpowered.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
ng21
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for this advice but the one I did have said it was HDCP 1.4 and it worked any reason why it wouldn't now? 

0 Kudos
ng21
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

& it is powered. 

0 Kudos
ng21
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I also just checked the ezcoo splitter that also didn't work and it is HDCP 2.2.... Thinking there is another issue here.

May be a daft question but although my tivo box still works when plugged in directly to my other tv's could it be during the building work it has got damaged in some way that has stopped it working with a splitter? 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

In what way is this splitter not working? Can you explain the symptoms?

And also whether this is affecting live TV, OnDemand and/or streaming?

VM require HDCP2.2 compliance when watching VoD or streaming in 2160, but it shouldn't affect live TV or 1080.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ng21
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for taking the time to advice me I ended up properly pulling out all cables & power supply leaving it for a while & then doing a proper restart & hey presto it was working!

Thank you 

0 Kudos