Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

HDMI Issue

Hi All, My new box arrived today (very excited) and I’ve gone to plug it all in which I’ve managed no problem and connect the TV V6 Box via the HDMI that come in the box directly to the TV and it works fine. However, I have got a HDMI that runs through the wall which I would ideally like to use. The cable that runs through the wall won’t work with the TV V6 box because when I plug it in I get a blank screen. Is there a way around this without replacing the cable in the wall for me to be able to use it? An adapter of some sort? Settings that can be changed? Any help would be appreciated 😄

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: HDMI Issue

If you get a blank screen it means the HDMI cable is either faulty or not good enough for 4k

I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I know that the HDMI in the wall is not good enough, what I want to know is if there is a way around it where I can still use it? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If its no good, then it simply won't be any use.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello

There is no way of making a HDMI cable compatible for 4K, no adapter or anything else, it is the physical cable that isn't compatible and will need to be replaced.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Had a think overnight, perhaps you could use the virgin HDMI and change the v6 display settings so it only uses 1080i then try putting in the old cable to see if you get a picture 

I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I was flicking through the settings yesterday and stumbled across the display settings, I ended up changing the out put to 1080p and now it works a treat 😄  

0 Kudos