Menu
Hoskinshozzy
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

HD channels glitching and WiFi signal very poor

All the gd channels have been glitching for a couple of weeks now. Is there any reason why this would happen?

it happens a few months ago on a couple of channels but fixed after a while. Now it has started again on all HD channels and is not going away. 

On top of this my WiFi signal has gone very very poor it is in my front room and even just out to the kitchen now the signal makes it unusable and I have to turn it off and use 4g. I have already purchased an extender for upstairs as it was useless but now just not to work in the next room is obviously very very bad. 

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: HD channels glitching and WiFi signal very poor

Hi Hoskinshozzy, 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you are having problems when viewing HD channels.  It's hard to say what is causing the problem at this point but I am sure we can help. 

Can you please confirm the following for me?

Are all connection to the box secure, finger tight with no damage?

Is your box connected to the broadband service via ethernet or WiFi?

Does this problem occur at certain times of the day and on specific HD channels?

Let me know and I will be happy to help. 

Thank you 

Nat
0 Kudos
Hoskinshozzy
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nat,

connections are all right and fine. It is connected through Ethernet. It happens all the time now and has got worse through time. Before it was mainly Comedy Central is I noticed but now it is all bt sport ones and others as well so it seems to be deteriorating. The same with the WiFi signal it was always poor upstairs in one room but then it got bad on other room so I purchased a strong extender. It is now not working in the other room downstairs so my signal is only working in the front room so again it seems to have got worse as if my hardware is breaking down or something. 

thanks for the response and I hope that helps. 

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hello Hoskinshozzy

Thanks for replying 

Looking at a few things form here 

Signal levels are all great 

No issues in the area at all

Can you please remove all devices from WiFi and test the connection 

If you can try without these being connected that would be great 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Hoskinshozzy
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I am not quite sure what issue you are in reference too. I guess the wifi signal?

If so it is still rubbish in the kitchen which is the next room in the house and get nothing upstairs without the extender (which itself cuts in and out I guess because of signal form the router downstairs, I spent £200 on this extender and was working well so I do not think it is that in line with the issues now happening downstairs). In the front room next to it 7/10 times it is fine and very fast when running the speed test so it is just the strength to other rooms which seems to have dropped and progressively for worse. 

If it was for the TV currently my usual HD channels are not glitching too much right now but may change this evening when it was first off worse and I did not watch TV in daytime. 

I work from home and have had to move my office to the front room because of the signal issues so quite vital this gets fixed. 

As extra information before purchasing my own extender I did the test on the app which reported back poor signal and i needed an extender however when clicking through to get one from you it always returned a broken link. 

0 Kudos
Hoskinshozzy
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

also just as i try to reply with the last message I am in the same room as router and it is now reporting 10mb instead fo the 200 it should be and obviously not a busy time of the day for it to be cut. It reports no issues in my area 

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying Hoskinshozzy

The speed test was this over Wifi. 

Can you please try a wired test aswell

Also a speed test with no other equipment connected 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Hoskinshozzy
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

This was over wifi with only my phone connected. 

I cannot do a wired test as I only have my macbook pro available at the moment and it does not have an ethernet port, but not sure what difference this will make as like I said being close to router speed is ok 7/10 times so ethernet will not report much different. The wifi speed has gone back up now when in the same room, but walking to kitchen and doing the test again it is not even picking up a server to test from. 

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hoskinshozzy

Have you also tried with no other devices connected

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Hoskinshozzy
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I am not sure how many times i can repeat this haha. I use only my phone to test the wifi NO OTHER DEVICE CONNECTED. What would your answer be if it was ok anyway? that I can only have my phone connected? The devices I have always had connected need to be connected and have always worked fine over the last couple of years maybe, since i had the equipment (other than upstairs being poor which i have forked out of my own pocket to fix). Now in kitchen which is an open door to next room it does not work at all so it has deteriorated no new devices have been added. 

I can keep doing the same test but I am not sure what will be achieved, I will need to add the devices back as the household needs to use them and it all worked fine before so is not a valid answer to remove all the devices it is of no use even if that made a difference. 

0 Kudos