Menu
Mrchris65
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

HD channels breaking up

Our HD channels have been breaking up for a few months now and finally I can't take it any more, what can I do to solve this problem, and yes I've checked all connections and turns it off and on again many, many times, thank you, regards Chris 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: HD channels breaking up

If you've rebooted once, then picture breakup & pixellation means you almost certainly have a problem with your incoming TV signal. That could either be caused by a cabling issue or box fault, only VM can determine that and resolve it. You need to report this to TV Faults on 150 (or 0345 4541111) and follow the options for "I have a fault with my TV service".

In the meantime, are there any particular channels affected, as this may help diagnose it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Mrchris65
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply, I've rang 150 and all their checks say there is nothing wrong, the online checks come back normal as well,,  and all the phone call options never get me to speak to a real person,, regards Chris

0 Kudos
Mrchris65
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As for which channels, it seems to be most if not all HD channels, regards Chris

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Mrchris65 wrote:

Thanks for the reply, I've rang 150 and all their checks say there is nothing wrong, the online checks come back normal as well,,  and all the phone call options never get me to speak to a real person,, regards Chris

In which case you either need to persist with calling at different times, or you can wait on here for VM staff to pick the post up - this can take a few days, hence calling nearly always being the quickest option.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mrchris65,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community. Sorry to you're having issues with pixalating on your HD channels only, we can appreciate the frustration this is causing you.

As you have already made sure the cables are tight and secure and a reboot has not resolved the issue, we may need to get the box changed over for you.

Before we arrange this have you been able to try a different HDMI/SCART lead from the V6 box to the TV?

Please can you let me know regarding the above and we will assist you further.

kind regards Jodi

Mrchris65
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi and thank Jodi, I changed the HDMI cable and it all seems to be sorted now, thanks once again, 

Kind regards, Chris 🤗

0 Kudos