Menu
BigDRizz
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

HD channels Pixelating

Nick HD ch714 pixelates like mad, and now it’s happening on BT sport 2 HD! I’ve also noticed it on other HD channels!

From reading through the forums it appears that I’m not the only one suffering with this issue.

I’ve tried calling to report this but I was stuck on hold for over an hour and had to hang up!

You was quick enough to start charging me again for sport channels once football started again so please fix this annoyance ASAP.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: HD channels Pixelating

Hi BigDRizz,

Nick HD and BT Sport2 HD are on the same frequency as Sky Sports PL HD, Sky Nature HD, Sky News HD, ITV Be HD and MTV HD.

If the other channels are also pixellating it seems to be a signla problem and you would need to contact TV Faults to arrange tests and an engineer.

You could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and Faults, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: HD channels Pixelating

@BigDRizz wrote:

Nick HD ch714 pixelates like mad, and now it’s happening on BT sport 2 HD! I’ve also noticed it on other HD channels!

From reading through the forums it appears that I’m not the only one suffering with this issue.

I can see @newapollo has already replied with some excellent specifics, but just on the point of pixellation being a common complaint.

Absolutely it is! If ever a TV box has a problem with the incoming TV signal - however that's caused - then it will exhibit itself by picture breakup. So if you have a problem anywhere from the street cabinet, along your cabling and connectors, to your box tuners, then it will (eventually) cause pixellation.

Therefore the fix is always the same. Identify the cause of the poor signal (often engineer visit or box swap) and hey presto!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks