Menu
AP93
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HD Sports quality or lack of

Hi all,

I have a more than capable TV and watch sports through all channels, Sky Sports HD seems to have horrendous picture quality compared to others such as BT and Prime, even BBC/ITV, I can also use BT Ultimate and it looks fantastic, I have tried changing all of the relevant output setting from the V6 box, am I possibly missing something as to why Sky Sports HD is so poor?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: HD Sports quality or lack of

You've posted in the TiVo forum. You say BT Ultimate is fine but it is not available on the TiVo box!!

What are video output setting set to on the VM box

@AP93 wrote:

Hi all,

I have a more than capable TV and watch sports through all channels, Sky Sports HD seems to have horrendous picture quality compared to others such as BT and Prime, even BBC/ITV, I can also use BT Ultimate and it looks fantastic, I have tried changing all of the relevant output setting from the V6 box, am I possibly missing something as to why Sky Sports HD is so poor?

Thanks in advance

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
AP93
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ah my bad, i'll repost in V6 I didnt even notice, it is currently set to 2160, I have tried the other higher definition settings separately and had no luck

0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Best settings seem to be all the following ticked:  2160, 2160passthru, 1080p

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
0 Kudos
AP93
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sky sports HD poor image compared to BT

Apologies for a repost as I stupidly put this in TiVo recently, I have a V6 box and a Samsung QE65Q67RA TV and seem to have a great picture on all BT sport channels, however Sky Sports in comparison is awful, I do have the HD package and those channels are arguably no different to SD

I have tried toying with the output settings and so far had no luck, any recommendations?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
AP93
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Currently have those enabled and picture is still poor unfortunately

0 Kudos