Menu
Kopper99
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HD Channels Pixelated

Hi I am looking for some advice. 

A few HD channels on my V6 box is heavily pixelated and unwatchable. It's been like this for the last 6 months. 

The main ones of concern are ITV HD and Channel 4 HD. The BBC and Channel 5 HD channels are fine. The Standard ITV and Channel 4 channels are also ok.

I have had 2 Virgin engineers around and both have not been able to resolve the issue.

So far the following has been done:

- Replacement of V6 Box

- Replacement of the whole cabling from behind the box to outside of house.

- Cabling changes to the "Cabinet" on the street.

- Change of HDMI cable to TV

So now I am not sure what else to do. 

Virgin has not come back to me since the last engineer visit 3 weeks ago.

Any assistance appreciated.

Thanks 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: HD Channels Pixelated

@Kopper99 wrote:

The main ones of concern are ITV HD and Channel 4 HD. The BBC and Channel 5 HD channels are fine. The Standard ITV and Channel 4 channels are also ok.

How about C4+1SD? I presume by "standard ITV & C4" you mean ITV-SD & C4-SD?

@Kopper99 wrote:

Virgin has not come back to me since the last engineer visit 3 weeks ago.

How was it left after the tech visit - was any further action expected of VM or you? Have you reported the fault as ongoing since then? Or is this forum post your first contact?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Kopper99
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes all the SD channels are fine.

The last engineer said he would investigate this further to his manager but not had any feedback since. 

I haven't gone back to Virgin yet to chase as it was not a bother over summer as I did not watch much TV. I wanted to see if there was any suggestions from this forum before I go back to Virgin again

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Kopper99 wrote:

Yes all the SD channels are fine.

Something odd here then. C4-SD, C4+1-SD, ITV+1-SD, ITV-HD & C4-HD are all on the same broadcast frequency, so a signal fault affecting one should affect them all. Most of VM's broadcast TX's carry a mix of all-SD channels or all-HD channels, but this particular one is an exception.

@Kopper99 wrote:

I haven't gone back to Virgin yet to chase as it was not a bother over summer as I did not watch much TV. I wanted to see if there was any suggestions from this forum before I go back to Virgin again

I'd go back to faults and report that your problem isn't resolved - or wait on here for a staff member to respond and go digging.

The suggestion from this forum would be that pixellation is a symptom of a signal fault, you're paying for a fault-free service and so the best advice is to keep reporting your fault until it's fixed. VM have the fault notes from your account and should be able to see what's been tried - your first post gave a pretty extensive list but the fault case should be definitive.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response there Kopper99,

Welcome to the community.

Apologies for the issues faced, can I ask when was the appointment with our technican?

Regards,

Kain
0 Kudos