Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Guide Showing Incorrect Programmes

Is anyone else’s Guide showing the wrong programme, e.g. Really is currently claiming Tipping Point but showing Homes Under the Hammer?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Guide Showing Incorrect Programmes

Hi gerryod5, 

Firstly I'd like to take the time to welcome you to the forums, and say I'm sorry to hear that the guide was showing incorrect information. 

The Guide (or EPG) is populated from the information we receive from the suppliers, and sometimes last minute changes to schedule can cause these types of things to happen. 

I appreciate that it's been some time since your post, please let me know if you're still experiencing any issues with the guide. 

Many  thanks and apologies once again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

How comes then if you cross refer to freeview and Sky the right programmes appear.  For example Virgin was stating teleshopping would shown on Yesterday on the first Saturday of March between 9am and 2pm but other guides were showing the programmes that were actually on the tv.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The program guide is updated from information supplied by TV companies, if that information is wrong then the guides will be wrong.

Virgin are merely passing in the information supplied.

You can't learn anything from a mistake until you admit that you've made it.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just wondering why the programme guide for the MUTV channel 526 is wrong?.It says that United Archives is being shown at 10.30pm this evening,when i know for sure that The Managers Press Conference Uncut is to be shown!!.The correct programme info should be shown.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

See the post above yours
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

What was the broadcaster's schedule showing for that time?

If the MUTV website differed from the Virgin EPG then you can validly blame Virgin for that one, they actually have an email inbox for sending future guide errors so they can be fixed.

Quite a few minority channels have form in working to a different schedule on their channel cf their own website - in which case your complaint is with them.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TivoGuideErrors@virginmedia.co.uk

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos