cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green screen on v6 box

colinw999
Joining in

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem as this poster so I contacted vm yesterday. The person in the call center told me I'd be contacted within 24 hours by an engineer although nothing has come through yet. I really don't want to go through the 30 mins of hold music and 30 mins of resetting boxes to try and get this sorted. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance 

Colin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's quite possible the offer of a callback was because the agent didn't know how to resolve this, and wanted someone else to. The correct outcome of the green "DVR has detected an error" screen is either a box replacement or a tech visit appointment - which will result in the same.

You've got 2 options now.

1: Callback and speak to someone else

2: Wait on this forum for a staff response, that may be a day or two.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's quite possible the offer of a callback was because the agent didn't know how to resolve this, and wanted someone else to. The correct outcome of the green "DVR has detected an error" screen is either a box replacement or a tech visit appointment - which will result in the same.

You've got 2 options now.

1: Callback and speak to someone else

2: Wait on this forum for a staff response, that may be a day or two.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the update. I'll give it until tomorrow and then try again.

Hello colinw999

Sorry to hear of the TV service issues experienced, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via he forums.

it's been a few days since your post, has there been any update or improvement on this? Let us know 🙂

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your reply. Nothing as of yet. I’ve been away for work so I plan to chase this up when I’m back later today.

Thanks

Colin

Still nothing from VM.

I've also tried phoning and get sent a link to check my TV services which results in the following

colinw999_0-1694094144156.png

So now I'm stuck. Any ideas?

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @colinw999,

Thanks for getting back to us here, sorry to see this was still ongoing for you, have you had any updates with regards to this since you last posted?

Joe

Hi Joseph,

I called support and eventually got an engineer booked. He came out on Saturday and replaced the box so all good now. Thanks for the help.

Thanks

Colin

Thanks for coming back to us colinw999 and I'm glad to hear that your issues have now been fully resolved 👍

Please let us know if you have any further problems.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L