cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green screen of death

Gruffbaby
Tuning in

Hello there,

Yesterday evening when switching on the virgin box it just looped from green screen of death, down load symbol, welcome screen in multiple languages then back to green screen and looped again. Is the box dead or can it be recovered with a service visit?

IMG-1153.jpgIMG-1155.jpg

Regards.

G.

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your V6's hard drive has failed, the box will need replacing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gruffbaby
Tuning in

Thanks japitts.

If someone from VM could drop me a PM to arrange a service visit to swap out the V6 box that would be great. Currently on the phone to customer services but been on hold for 30mins already.

Cheers,

G.

Gruffbaby
Tuning in

Got through to CS - Eng visit arranged.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, Gruffbaby.
Thank you for taking the time to post on our help forums and sorry to see your TV box had a green screen issue, this doesn't look good indeed.
Also, apologies for the delayed reply as from what we read you've already reached out to the team and arranged a tech visit to fix or replace the box.

Please, do keep us updated on how the appointment goes and feel free to ask if you need more help or info.
Best regards,

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Gruffbaby
Tuning in

Thanks Adri,

Engineer has replaced the box but have noticed that the audio is out of sync - this occurs randomly when switching channels or putting the box on for the first time. Could anyone help with this issue?

Regards,

G.

Hi Gruffbaby,

Thanks for coming back to us. I'm glad your issue with the "green screen of death" has been resolved, however I am sorry this new issue has popped up after an equipment swap 😥

I can see it's been a few days since you last posted about this, so could I ask if the sound sync issue is still ongoing? 

If it is, then I have a helpful link here which goes through some steps that may help 👉 TV Picture & Sound Issues

Please let us know how things are and if you still need help after following the link 😊

Thanks,

Megan_L