Menu
Jmh72
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Green screen of death

V6 box just failed and I now have the green screen of death. Does this mean I need a new V6 box?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Green screen of death

Hi @Jmh72 

The V6 seldom recovers from the green screen of death, if it does it's certainly got a problem with the hard drive and will fail again.

You will need a replacement set top box.

It's not the words you want to hear, but the quickest method is using the phone unfortunately.

You need to call CS on 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues or around tea time.

When calling Faults you will get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support, ignore the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a  couple of hours. 

Forum Staff can take a few days to pick up your issue here.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Green screen of death

Hi @Jmh72

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear about this, do you still require your issue looking into?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos