Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Green screen of death

Hi all,

been getting the green screen ‘DVR has detected a serious fault message’. It started about a month ago but ‘recovered’, though now reboots at least daily. Now it’s stuck in green screen / reboot cycle. I’ve tried using the text service weeks ago but got no response.

Can anyone help please.

thank you

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Green screen of death

Hi GazzaH1,

Sorry to say it's Friday 13th and your box needs replacing as it's a faulty hard drive..

You will need to contact the Faults team on 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues 

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

A member for the Forum team may pick this up for you, however it can take anything from a few days to a week.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave.

Many thanks for the quick reply - I’ll give that a go.

Cheers

Gareth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just to follow up for those having the same problem. Phoned first thing Saturday and got through after 20 minute wait. They’ve just been out now to replace the box. Sorted! 

Highlighted
Community elder
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Gareth,

Thanks for the update. I'm pleased you managed to get your box sorted out and replaced.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos