Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Green screen error on V6 box

Can't get through to Virgin by phone and there is no fix for the green screen on the Virgin website. Have spent over 4 hours trying to call so not impressed. Spoke to an advisor (eventually) yesterday and got cut off when he couldn't work out the problem. He put me on hold and then I got cut off even though I asked him twice to call me back if we got cut off.

Just want this sorted. Green screen came up with some dvr message saying not to reboot for three hours. Done all that and switched off and on etc. but still nothing three days later. All I get now is the starting up message followed by the welcome message and then nothing until it tries starting up again.

Think it needs a new box but need someone at Virgin to contact me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Green screen dvr problem

Have posted on hear earlier in the week and still having no joy getting through to Virgin. I have the same issue with the green screen and the v6 box not working. Can someone please contact me so I can get this resolved.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Hogboy 

I've merged the duplicate posts....

There's a few ways to report your (failed) TiVo to Virgin...

1: Use the text message service, 07533 051809 and wait probably a couple of days.

2: Wait on here for VM staff to respond, waiting probably a week at the moment.

3: Keep calling 150, and don't give up until you speak to an agent and either a replacement box or engineer visit is arranged. Perhaps try calling earlier in the day before queues build up.

You've mentioned that you called earlier in the week and the adviser couldn't resolve it. It should have been a replacement box at that stage, so I'm going to flag this post to VM staff which may elicit a quicker response for you.

Please don't give up calling through in the meantime.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your help on this, i have tried calling 150 and going through the tv faults option and it keeps telling me that the call centre is now closed.

No option online to register this problem so will have to wait for someone to contact me on here. Thanks again for your advice.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hogboy, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry for the delay in getting back in touch, we have been busier than usual. 

I've had a look and can see that since posting our team has been in touch and this has been sorted for you. 

Please let us know how you're getting on.

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma, thank you for your reply, just to clarify the team did not get in touch with me. I spent hours literally trying to get this sorted and eventually got through by contacting the 'leaving Virgin' route to finally get this sorted. For a company of this size it is disgusting that anyone should have to go through this much stress to get something sorted especially when you have been with them for over 10 years. Since installing my new V6 box it has now messed up my Tivo box and I can't watch any channels apart from BBC, ITV etc. Different errors keep coming up and once again, I can't get through to Virgin. Have tried all the website options for the different errors and it is not helping. Once again I am spending my weekend on hold. Sky may be getting my business after all.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Lost channels on Tivo

Since installing replacement v6 box I have now lost all channels apart from BBC, ITV etc on my Tivo box. Got through to Virgin and explained but yet again I have been cut off whilst on hold waiting to get through to the correct department.

No one called back even after I told Ali (customer service) that I would likely be cut off and would like to be called back if this happened. Still not heard back!

If anyone can help I would really appreciate it, don't want to leave but am left without a choice after the recent fiasco trying to get a new V6 box. This is just tipping me over the edge.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lost channels on Tivo

I assume the box with the problem is a multiroom box & that the V6 was not ordered to replace this one.

The best time to try calling is around 8am when the UK call centres open. Staff on here may be able to help, but may take a few days to respond.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Hogboy wrote:

Since installing my new V6 box it has now messed up my Tivo box and I can't watch any channels apart from BBC, ITV etc. Different errors keep coming up and once again, I can't get through to Virgin. Have tried all the website options for the different errors and it is not helping.

This sounds horribly like another example of a replacement box causing other boxes in the house to be deactivated.

0 Kudos