Menu
Onlyonephil
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Green screen DVR failure

Please can somebody help. My TiVo box has been in a boot loop for 36 hours now. It  says that there is serious issue and it is trying to fix itself and just sits in a constant boot loop. 
I have called the customer service team 3 times in the last two days and just been on hold for just over an hour each time before being cut off before speaking. Is there any other way of raising this call through another route?????

I tried making a similar appeal for help a couple of hours ago in a related thread here but the post then just randomly disappeared?

I really starting to think the VirginMedia customer service team must hate me because they keep hanging up on me, but I don’t know why because I have never managed to speak to them. I don’t think I am a bad person and I have never had this kind of thing happen before.

0 Kudos
Onlyonephil
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Green screen dvr problem

Hi I have the same Green Screen DVR issue and have been stuck in a boot loop for over 30 hours now. What makes it worse is that I spent 1hour and 3 mins on hold yesterday trying to speak somebody to log the issue, and then the CS team just connected then hung up the call. Is there anybody from VM on this forum who can log this call without having to go through the endless hold and disconnect cycle again? Phil

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Green screen DVR failure

@Onlyonephil 

I've merged your duplicate posts - there's no need to post twice with the same query 🙂

Sorry to say this, but if you have the "DVR has detected an error" message, then this can only be resolved by a box replacement that you will need to call in to arrange.

Wait times do vary, but persistence is the key I'm afraid.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Onlyonephil
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Green screen DVR failure

Thanks for the post, but I really think 3x more than 1 hour on hold and then being cut off before speaking counts as more than reasonable levels of persistence.

I just don’t know what else I can do.  Try again for another 3 hour long sessions?.

0 Kudos