cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green lines on screen whilst booting, then no picture.

MartynT
Tuning in

We appear to have a problem with our V6 box where the box shows no picture, despite turning it on / off via the remote. If I power the box off via the switch and allow it to boot from cold it'll display a corrupted 'Welcome' screen then for a short while, then it'll go back to no picture.

IMG_0492.jpg

I've replaced the HDMI cable, and tried a different input on the TV to no avail.

Thanks!

Martyn

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If those alternate HDMI leads & ports work fine with other equipment, then the V6 appears to have a fault. You can either call in to report that, or wait here a couple of days.

150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yeah, the inputs and cables work fine with other devices so it does indeed look like the box is at fault.

Thanks

Martyn

Hi @MartynT,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear you're facing some issues with your V6 box recently and that unfortunately checking the wires and ensuring they're connected correctly hasn't helped. So that I can assist you further, I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments. Please respond to this when you can and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @MartynT,

Thank you for reaching back out to me via private message. As discussed there, a technician visit has now been scheduled and booked.

I'm unable to confirm the date/time of the booking publicly for security reasons, but you can check and manage/reschedule this if needed via your My Virgin Media online account.

Be sure to let us know how the visit goes.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!