cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green error message on tv

ClaireF1
Tuning in

Tv crashed, have reset, stuck on start up and then every 20 mins or so a green message says DVR serious error. Cant get through on online account or phone, any ideas please? I read somewhere its a hardware fault

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The green "DVR has detected an error" is indeed a hard drive failure, your V6 will need replacing.

If you can't get through via 0345 4541111 for whatever reason, the forum team staff should be along in a couple of days to respond on here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The green "DVR has detected an error" is indeed a hard drive failure, your V6 will need replacing.

If you can't get through via 0345 4541111 for whatever reason, the forum team staff should be along in a couple of days to respond on here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ClaireF1 thanks for your post here in the Community, although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised here.

I can't see if you've followed @japitts' advice by calling the team who can help replace the box for you, but if you haven't and you still need any further assistance please reply on here, and I can help get this sorted for you.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi, thanks v much, yes I eventually got through on the chat and engineer coming Monday to replace box. Thanks a lot