Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Green Screen

Yesterday for a full 24hrs i had the green screen, after frantic emails, tweets and calls things just weren't moving. It had variousreboots, unplugs etc, still the green screen. Today it appears to be working again but im mindful it will happen again. Im been in a queue on the phone for over an hour and dreading how much its going to cost 😭

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Green Screen

If this was the green screen "DVR has detected an error" message, then the fact your box has recovered is of itself a minor miracle and another failure will only be a matter of time.

VM's published 0345 4541111 number, as with any 03 number, is a landline rate call. It will cost the same to call as if you were calling any other 01x or 02x number.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I never had an error message. Just the green screen

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lfcmad1892,

On the forums we are used to seeing a green screen with the message DVR has detected an error, which means a hard drive failure and the box usually needs replacing.   

If you didn't see that error message then green screens (and purple ones) are usually caused by a faulty or loose HDMI cable.

Sometimes disconnecting equipment from the mains for 10 minutes or a reboot clears a green screen (not caused by a hard drive failure) as well.

I would definitely keep an eye on the set top box in case it starts making noises (another sympton of pending hard drive failure)

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Green screen

This is happening to me and i am furious as i am being ignored by VM. I have now cancelled my direct debit and and smashed the V6 box to bits as it is knackered. Poor customer service  

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ive had no text and unlike alot of you sat on your bums at home i have to work as im a keyworker? So again when i am ever going to get in contact with somebody and is VM going to refund my mobile costs? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

takes VM a few days to get to threads - this is not a direct line - the phone is however painful - they will not refund phone costs - as to cancelling the DD - that will not prompt them to help faster - it will prompt them to put any unpaid bills out for debt collection and put a black mark on your credit file that will be there for a number of years

not sure what they will make of a box of bits rather than a faulty V6 if and when they change it - they own all the equipment that they supply to you so look forward to a bill

sure you dont want to hear any of that but its as it is 

for reference - i am not a keyworker and am in fact sat on my bum trying to help people like you - i am retired - what i did up to retirement is not relevant other than i did work full time

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Calm down, I also work! The best way to get hold of someone is to call in the morning. I got through on a Sunday at around 9am. It took a long time for Virgin to accept the box needed replacing, but it has now been replaced. I was without a tv service for 6 days, but all sorted now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Lfcmad1892,

I'm really sorry to hear you are still having some issues with your TV service and for all the trouble you've gone to in attempt to fix this. We can certainly arrange a replacement Tivo/V6 box to be sent to you from here.

Can you please let me know if you'd prefer an engineer to come and install the replacement box, or would you like us to send one out to you which you can install yourself?

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

and send the bits of the old one back 🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos