Menu
wing-nuts
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Green Screen of death... can a Moderator process a replacement please?

I have "The DVR has encountered a serious problem..." green screen.

Rather than having to sit on my mobile for hours and due to the lack of an online chat facility for logging issues, is it possible for a forum moderator to arrange a replacement box please?

The longer version of this is: My virgin landline doesn't work either and I have terrible mobile reception at home, so without an online method of contacting customer service, my V6 box has just sat like this for over a week!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Green Screen of death... can a Moderator process a replacement please?

What's the reason for your landline not working - have you reported this?

VM's primary method of fault reporting has been the 150 line for as long as I can remember. I hope it's not rude to ask what provision you have in your home for calling companies and other organisations?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
wing-nuts
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Green Screen of death... can a Moderator process a replacement please?

The landline worked for a few days after virgin installation. We were getting poor WiFi so I followed the suggested advice and unplugged the wireless phone to move it further from the router. Plugged it back in and it hasn't had a dial tone since. Virgin engineer visited and the line was confirmed working - I just haven't replaced the handsets yet. 

We use Alexa to video call relatives and I'm on teams all day long. Failing that we use WhatsApp/Messenger to call friends. I use mobile if I need to call a regular number (which is rare), but I don't want to be stuck in a queue on 150 for hours on my Vodafone mobile with 1 bar reception. 

Like many new users, my experience so far is not great - compounded by the fact that I can't simply resolve this online. 

0 Kudos