Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Green Screen of Death

Hi please can anyone help with contacting Virgin for new box. Had green screen on V6 for over a week and just can’t get through on phone. Online support doesn’t help with this issue either.
Digital tests done and no faults detected, ...also done all the push the wires in and restart thing..seems it’s a box issue. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Green Screen of Death

Hi MJPorter,

Sorry to see you are having major problems with your V6 box. Unfortunately that message means your hard drive has failed and you need a replacement.

Have you tried signing into Service status at the top of this page? It shows any local faults and you can also run a test against the V6 box. By doing this VM should be able to send a signal to your box and try to repair it, or send out a replacement and/or engineer. Sadly the checker will  probably think the box is working OK, but it is beneficial trying this.

If that doesn't work then I'm afraid you need to contact the Faults team again on 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues 

When calling Faults hopefully the system will recognise that you've used the online faults checker and place you into a queue for an agent to pick up, rather than going through all the automated tests .If that doesn't resolve the problem then call back around 10 minutes later and an agent should pick the phone up.

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@MJPorter 

As newapollo has already suggested, you really are best off calling through with this. VM staff do respond to posts on here, but they are currently taking around a week to do so. Don't give up calling through while you wait, this particular error can't be repaired.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi MJPorter, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry for the delay in getting back to you and the issues you've been having, we have been busier than usual. 

I've had a look at the back end of things from here and I can see that you've since been in touch with the team who've been able to get an engineer booked. 

Please let us know how the visit goes. 

Emma_C - Forum Team