Menu
Robmelia6
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Green Screen from V6 Box

Spoiler
Good afternoon to whom this may concern,

On the 1st January 2021 at 9am I turned on my V6 box and got this message on a green screen 'The DVR has detected a serious problem and is now attempting to fix it.
Spoiler
This will take about three hours.
Spoiler
PLEASE DO NOT UNPLUG OR RESTART THE DVR! If you have a plasma TV or are concerned about image burn-in, you should turn off your TV for the next three hours.
Spoiler
If, after three hours, the DVR does not restart, please call Customer Support.'
Spoiler
So as I wasn't using the TV much that day I left it all day. I woke up on the 2nd January 2021 to turn on and check and the same message was there at 1pm.

So I did what it says I phoned customer support. I was on hold 20 minutes for the kind woman to take all my information and said she didn't know much about this and she would put me through to the technical team which will take another 20 minutes on hold. So after waiting 2 hours on hold to the technical team they picked up the phone and just hung up straight away. No call back no nothing. So obviously someone in the technical team is not doing their job correctly. As you can imagine I have put a complaint in via the complaint procedure but yet to no avail of a response.

What annoys me the most is you now send me a bill saying I need to pay for my month... Well I don't think that is right I am not even using the box and the fact I should have 2 V6 boxes in my house and only have one because in November when it got installed you had a shortage and I got told it will take 2 weeks to get a second V6 box which has not happened, why the hell should I pay for a package I am not receiving or have the full equipment too...

I hope to hear an answer soon. Otherwise I'll be complaining to more than just Virgin Media.

Kind regards
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Green Screen from V6 Box

Have you had an acknowledged complaint reference?

If you have, it's my understanding that only the complaints team will currently be able to deal with your issues. Otherwise "too many cooks" theory can easily lead to more mistakes being made.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Robmelia6
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes I received that an acknowledgement complaint had happened. But that was on the 2nd January when I did the complaint. 

For me that's 2 weeks with a problem and no one bothering to get in touch to resolve or explain why I was on hold for 2 hours for someone to pick up and put it down...

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As per https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/consumer-complaint-resolution-code-of-practice - VM target a response to complaints within 7 days but then have upto 28days to respond.

By all means keep your C/S-related complaint rolling, but please don't be waiting for VM to respond to that, while your box remains faulty - you could potentially have another 2 weeks off-service if you do that!!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Robmelia6
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

By all means I'll keep the complaint going.

But I will do all my best to get it sorted asap. Like I say they send me a bill for a month yet I could be without it for a month anyway so what's the point in paying then anyway. I'm sure if I didn't they'd moan at me very quickly. Haha

0 Kudos