Menu
Neilysd
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Green Screen DVR Serious Problem

Hi,

Would appear that the green screen & box failure is a common problem that I've now experienced.  Newly installed box, 3 weeks old, barely used more than an 1 hour a day so far and last night lost signal a few times then the box failed and the green screen error message appears.  This morning it seems to be working fine.  Has anyone else experienced the box fail, repair and then work fine or is it best for a replacement?

THanks

Neil

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Green Screen DVR Serious Problem

You need a replacement box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Neil,

I agree with japitts, you need it replacing.

Preferably sooner rather than later as the box will just fail completely, then you may be left up to a week or so without any TV.

You need to contact the Faults team. You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults green screen of death to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

When calling Faults you will go through a series of questions/tests, this probably won't resolve the problem, but if you call back around 10 minutes later an agent should pick the phone up.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Neilysd
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks guys. 
Will make contact with VM before it dies on me. 

Cheers 

Neil. 

0 Kudos