Menu
jenfamily1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Future need to re boot router & V6 boxes

Hi everyone and sooooo much thanks for enlightening me on my recent issue but I wanted to know how necessary it is to re-boot my router every two weeks which is what VM told me to do? Also to resolve my issue I had to re boot each of the three V6 boxes in order to get them 'talking to each other' Is this something I'll have to do every few weeks along with the router? Why does the system 'move off' what's already been set up?

Steve

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Future need to re boot router & V6 boxes

You really shouldn't need to, if everything's working as it should.

I had cause to reboot my V6 a week or so back, but before that I can't remember when it was last restarted. Same for my homehub/router.

It's always a good diagnostic exercise if you're having problems. If any wireless-device doesn't have very strong signal and problems result, then a reboot can sometimes kick them into life, but ultimately the poor signal is the cause and therefore the direction any remedy should take.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jenfamily1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Future need to re boot router & V6 boxes

Thank you.
I also would prefer to not mess about with my hub fortnightly whilst I'm receiving a good signal from it. God knows why VM say it's necessary but I'd rather take notice from you than them. Whilst I'm able to watch catch up from any of the three V6 boxes in any of the rooms, I'll also leave well alone! Only re boot if they ever lose contact with each other again.
0 Kudos