Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Free V6 box but impossible to get?

I received a letter from Virgin Media telling me that my bill will be going up by £4 per month from 1st October 2018.  Not great but then, I am being offered an upgrade to a V6 box free of charge so, that's good.  All I have to do is visit virginmedia.com/getyourV6...  I have tried this but for almost 2 weeks it has been impossible - I get to the page asking where the router and V6 box will be situated but I can't get any further as the 'next' box doesn't work.  So far I've tried:

• using a different browser
  • clearing the cache
  • phoning the help desk (multiple times, very long wait with no answer)
  • live chat - never available

It seems that Virgin don't want anyone contacting them for any reason...so how do I get my V6 box???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Free V6 box but impossible to get?

I had the same problem. Doing it online doesn't work! I did get an email saying my order was placed and I waited three weeks for them to call me regarding the delivery...Nothing happened. I then had to settle down with coffee in hand for the long wait on the phone (0345 454 1111) and yes there was no record of my order. They are apparently aware of this problem. So why didn't they get in touch with customers maybe a second letter/text/email  to inform use to order by phone. Or is that a little difficult for a "multi media" company Smiley Frustrated  Rant over.

Anyway you will have to call them.

I set the delivery date for my convenience as you would and yes they phoned me a week before the delivery date to ask if I had any problems with my new equipment. I laughed, yes it not due for another week Smiley Very Happy Thanks for trying guys.    

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for that.  I'll pick a day to phone when I have a couple of hours to wait for them to answer.  Let's see what happens - good to know it's not just me!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi RichJT, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having an issue ordering your new V6 box. 

The teams have been a little busier than usual however they are working as hard as they can to get to you. 
Try giving them a call during the day as wait times seem to be lower 🙂
Let us know how you get on. 
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I’ve just been told by customer support they aren’t offering the V6 for free. It’s £99.

sales in web chat  told me they can do it for £25 activation fee and £5 delivery charge or for free if I upgrade to sky sports/movies.

customer support said they were wrong to offer that.

I’ve been a loyal virgin media customer for years and I’m stuck with an old, slow TiVo box as thanks.

If I were a new customer I’d just get the V6. Instead I’m being messed about being told different things.

Shame.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

You missed a chance to upgrade to V6 from TiVo for free which I believe was offered to all earlier in the year.

Your only recourse now is to speak to Retentions and renegotiate your contract, accepting a new 12 month minimum period, and perhaps getting a reduced charge for a V6, if not free, in return.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Community elder
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Correct it was well publicised, and finished in April 2018. Arrive early to avoid disappointment
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I'm getting message on screen offering free V6 if go to virginmedia.com/getyourv6. Link doesn't work!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi itsdrole, 

Thank you for getting in touch. 

We're sorry to hear you're having problems with upgrading your box. I have sent you a private message to discuss this further with you, please look out for the purple envelope.  🙂

Thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

I am having the same problem.  Offered a free upgrade, but the link doesn't work.