Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Fox on demand choppy and pixelated

Hi all,

Please can you advise why FOX on demand shows are choppy and pixelated. I have experienced this with both American Horror Story 1984 and also The Walking Dead.

This is on two different TV's. The shows recorded in "My Recordings" are fine.

FoxOnDemand1.PNGFoxOnDemand2.PNG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fox on demand choppy and pixelated

Fox uses the CATV-based On-Demand platform (as opposed to IP-based), so one bit of testing you can do is whether other programmes/channels on the same platform are also affected.

Channel 5 CatchUp-HD would be an excellent place to check. Is that also pixellated? If so, you almost certainly have a fault that's worth reporting to Virgin.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yep 5 is the same 😞

Is there a specific dept. to contact?

IMG_20191009_092810_1.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yep - Virgin C/S. 150 from a Virgin phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone and choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service"

Watch out for faults-agents who just reboot your box remotely and consider it resolved. Chances are it won't last, and it needs an engineer visit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

• We're finding that 90% of our HD channels are choppy and pixelated. We had the problem a week into installation and was niave to think the reboot would resolve it. Because of the rubbish service, picture and engineer, we're thinking of going back to sky as soon as we're out of contract 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ok, have you reported your fault to Virgin and tried to get it resolved? Chances are you'll need an engineer visit to find what's causing it, and there's no charge to arrange them. You're paying for a service, after all.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello phillyt2k

We may need to book a tech for this, I am going to send you a private message so I can pass some security with you and 

take a closer look 🙂

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

This seems to have just miraculously sorted itself out. So thanks for your help, just a glitch in the matrix 🙂

0 Kudos