Menu
Stevemiddo
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Forward path attenuator

Hi,

I have recently taken the decision to stop my Tivo service as we never watched it.

I have a splitter on the end of the coaxial cable but with a 6db forward path attenuator fitted before the splitter and I was going to remove the splitter and connect the cable directly to my Hub 3 but wondered if I need to keep the attenuator in line or remove it?

TIA

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
FrogCF
Dialled in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Forward path attenuator

Hi,

Please could provide me some images of this then would able tell you if you can remove or not?
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Forward path attenuator

@FrogCF wrote:
Hi,

Please could provide me some images of this then would able tell you if you can remove or not?

not sure why images are asked for - description is clear enough as is a more complete answer [i think]

removing the splitter will change the levels to any connected device - the hub i assume - as will removing the attenuator - so a great deal depends on what your levels to the hub are now

easy way is try it and see - downstream should be between -6/+10 and upstream under 51 [5.1 if its a hub3] same actual level - hub 3 has a reporting bug in that decimal point is in wrong place

if levels are in those ranges and speeds are ok then fine - if not add attenuator back and check again - if levels are still wrong then all bits are needed

Tony
0 Kudos