Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folder issue on V6 box

Dosser62
Dialled in

Hello again forum. 

I've got a minor issue on my V6 box.

I've ignored it for ages but now I've renewed my contract, I've decided to investigate it further.

I have one specific folder in my shows that point blank refuses to delete itself despite  multiple attempts over the past few months. The programme folder had no episode contained in it, but the actual folder head been sitting in My Shows for about 6 months without budging. As I said it's no biggie, but I would really want to know what is causing the issue, all other folders are working and deleting as normal. 

17 REPLIES 17

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried restarting the V6? Home > Help & Settings > Clear or reset > Restart my TiVo

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Dosser62
Dialled in

Done that multiple times too. 

Got stuff on there I am keeping for the moment, so full blown reset isn't on the table at tne moment. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You'd not mentioned a reset, and it's a common fix for delete gremlins in the My Shows view.

If it's failing to clear with that, I'd suspect there could be a hidden VoD bookmark. Do you have a SL for the programme in question? And if so, is it set to include streaming videos?

Second thing to check, right at the bottom of "My shows" is a folder "Not currently available" - is anything listed in here?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

SL was deleted months ago. 

No 'Not currently available' showing at the bottom of 'My Shows'

Just carried out another reset but nothing has changed.

SpacePhoenix
Fibre optic

Try highlighting it then press the "Clear" button on your V6 remote

Nope that has never worked either, the little cross appears, but nothing else happens. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you pop up a photo of your "My shows" view with this offending folder listed? And the internals of the folder?

It may not prove anything, but I'm curious that there's something we're missing - this is not a scenario I've ever come across.

Screenshot_2023-09-17-21-22-33-417_com.miui.gallery-edit.jpg

Screenshot_2023-09-17-21-22-58-190_com.miui.gallery-edit.jpg