Menu
Trimblenet
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Flickering tv- any results

Hi. 

I have seen plenty of comments on here reference tv flickering. 
has anyone had any positive results of fixing. 
reset box but only lasted few hours before started again, frustratingly. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Flickering tv- any results

Is this flickering when you're changing channels? Watching live TV? Or navigating the menus?

I wouldn't usually associate "flickering" with digital breakup that is symptomatic of poor signal.

What are your video output settings set to?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
DancinDiva
Dialled in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem for several days with the TV picture flickering/certain parts of the screen jumping. I thought it was just on one channel but it is on several. It is the same on recorded programmes on the Tivo box as well as live TV.
I checked Service Status and apparently there is a Broadband Fault and a TV fault in my area - maybe it's the same for you if you check. However there is no description of the faults so I'll check back later as both faults are due to be fixed at 17:00.

I have also noticed that the TV is slow to respond to changes from the remote and buffering from catch up on iplayer is so ridiculous that it's impossible to watch a program from there, so I don't know if these are related. (BTW iplayer is fine on my laptop)

0 Kudos
Sasha10
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same problem, have followed some instructions but still having the problem. Has anyone got any ideas.
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Sasha10 

If you could answer the questions in the second post of this thread, that would give the forum regulars a chance to possibly advise 😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Sasha10
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I actually switched the Tivo box off with the other instructions and it seemed to have helped, but now seems to be slow changing channels again and looking through channels and going to My shows but keeping fingers crossed.

0 Kudos
DancinDiva
Dialled in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

After receiving notification that the fault showing on Service Status (Fault Ref: C01142942) had been fixed, I again ran a test on my equipment which resulted in a message that a reboot of my Tivo box was required. This I did and the picture and response times did improve afterwards.  

So it might be worth going to Check your Service Status and if there are no faults outstanding,  Run Test.

However I have just tried to check my service status and this is what I get back from this web page (https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status)

Oops something's broken

We're sorry this isn't the page you wanted

This part of the site isn't working at the moment, but it'll be up and running again soon. Please come back and try again later.

I hope you have more luck!

0 Kudos