Menu
Hall2112
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Flickering picture

Finally got my new V6 box working after some help from this forum - thank you so much.  That was this morning, sat down to watch final of “get me out of here” switched TV on and the menu flickered and disappeared.  Switched off and restarted after box reset same thing happened.  Dig out out box and reconnected it, it worked perfectly for a bit then came up with error 7400 which I assume was Virgin turning it off which is ok.  So, ultimately the flickering new V6 box is either faulty or a problem at Virgin transmission end.  I’m guess a faulty box and the old box was ok when reconnected.

Any tips or ideas !  

Im absolutely dreading trying to contact Virgin Customer “Service” as it’s dreadful and no one EVER answers the phone.

Anyone recommend a b streaming service that actually works ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Flickering picture

Call 0800 5610061 to check for any known area faults first, though I have doubts.

I'm not sure what you mean by flickering- do you mean an intermittent black screen? Or pixellated pictures?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Hall2112
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

New V6 Box flickers !

New day new problem with V6 TV Box.

Upgraded to 200Mbps broadband and I was sent a new TV Box, never asked for it, but connected it anyway - mmmm maybe that was a mistake.

Firstly wouldn’t connect, however this useful forum advised I phone Virgin and they’ll activate, which worked, weird though that the instructions don’t tell you to do so.  That’s the good news !

The box then worked for a couple of hours and then picture went black with occasional flicker of picture.  I ran the diagnostic and it told me there’s an issue - ok so what’s the issue and how to fix it, no instruction !  Mmmmm onto the forum again and someone, I think from Virgin read the comment and then did something that made it work, brilliant !  
Next day, same fault, tried to run the diagnostic but the website was down.    Mmmmmm !  Later Sunday night the website came back up, ran the diagnostic and yep reported another fault.  Went to bed in the vain hope something magic would happen overnight !  It of course didn’t !   Mmmmmmm.

So, in the vain hope that someone from VIRGIN reads this, HELP !  Why not simply contact Virgin on the phone, well in my experience there is no one to actually answer the phone......

Also, bit weird, my previous post about flickering appears to be deleted.   Mmmmmmm !

Since receding this free upgrade of a V6 box, I’ve not been able to watch TV for a single evening !  

Thinking there’s maybe a better option than Virgin V6 box, missed the final of I’m a celebratory and a week of Strictly, not exactly a third world problem, but c’mon it’s 2020 and what else is there to do at night during lockdown !  Mmmmmmmm !

HELP PLEASE..........................

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New V6 Box flickers !

Did you put the new HDMI lead in that came with the box? 

Hall2112
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

thanks for taking the time to reply.  I hadn’t, just tried it and no change, thanks for trying though.

0 Kudos
Hall2112
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey, latest update, switched the box off and back on again and with the new supplied cable it works !  Wow - thanks 👍

0 Kudos
Hall2112
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

New day new problem with Virgin TV V6 box.

completely black screen now [nothing changed and all cables tight], at reset the welcome screen is distorted !  HELP !

V6 box with supplied HDMI cable connected, has a completely blank screen, switched it off then on again and the welcome screen is blurred, which looks very weird, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, how much of my life do I need to waste on crappy Virgin equipment.  There is a rather decent chap on this forum that appears to work for Virgin and is super helpful........If Virgin Management care or read this forum, then you should promote this guy to head of Technical Services, I bet he could sort out the Technical issues.  Then, if I was you, but then I care and maybe Virgin Management don’t, I’d have a serious look at my so called Customer Service..... I’ve literally wasted hours of my life on this stupid V6 box which by the way I never even asked for, just wanted to upgrade my Internet speed......... #laughingstock 

9CB0ECF9-D2E8-4264-890C-A1C7EA5B7CD2.jpegF86659C5-006A-46E7-8B61-EB002925D334.jpeg

0 Kudos
Hall2112
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box

I’d seriously ask yourself if you have hours to waste of your life before upgrading, just my humble opinion, stick with what works with Virgin, because if it doesn’t work, I’ve found the only person that will be able to help is japitts the chap on your reply, think he actually works for Virgin.  I’ve wasted hours of my life on stupid V6 box.

0 Kudos