forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
DeeDay
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Flickering picture with new TV

I’ve just upgraded to my first 4K TV (Sony brand) however, the picture from the v6 box now constantly flickers no matter which resolution I’m watching a channel in.

This doesn’t happen with any of the other devices I have connected to the TV. Even the ones that output in 4K. 

Anyone got any ideas how to sort this?

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Flickering picture with new TV

Hi there

I would be looking to change the HDMI to a 4K Ready HDMI lead and see if this resolves the issue. 

If that fails, change the HDMI port in the TV to a different one. If its not currently in HDMI 1 then put it in here

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
DeeDay
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I’ve tried multiple HDMI cables and the v6 box in each HDMI port of the TV. It’s currently in HDMI 1 now and the flickering still exists

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Disconnect the HDMI  from both the VM box and the TV. Turn off both pieces of equipment for a couple of minutes and then turn them back on. They should then perform a new handshake with each other.

Then on the V6  go to Help & Settings > Settings  > Video Output > Video Output Format > Test Formats and follow the onscreen instructions.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
DeeDay
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tried doing that and TV picture was ok for about an hour before the flickering started again

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried using another HDMI cable & TV-port, to eliminate the possibility that the ones you're using, have a fault?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
DeeDay
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes I’ve tried all 3 HDMI ports on my TV and tried 5 different HDMI cables so far.

Still having the same flickering issues

0 Kudos