Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 31 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Re: Flickering - Black screen V6

I find the problem with ticking 1080p as well as 2160 is your HD picture becomes worse. There's a jaggy look to lines due to the box not being as good at scaling as the tv.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 32 of 36
Flag for a moderator

No on mine the picture just kept flicking off to a black screen and and then cane back again with only a second between the two states.  It would work ok all day if you rebooted the box; but as soon as you switched the box to standby and then switched on subsequently the picture flicking on and off would start up again.  It’s now fine with the settings as I previously indicated.  The tv stays on 1080p until I switch to a 4K channel then picture flicks off and comes back on 4K. Does the same in reverse.  I get no picture loss at all with these settings.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 33 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Ah I think my issue might be different. I've never had picture loss, my problem is with a thin black flashing horizontal steak that appears maybe 25-30 times on the Sports channels. Mainly seems to be more the 4K BT stuff but has been apparent on HD sports too.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 34 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Hi tuscans, thanks for posting. My apologies for the TV picture issues. I've ran a system check and no issues showing. 

Is the set top box well ventilated? Can you also check the cabling to make sure it's finger tight?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 35 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Hi John, 

No there's nothing around or above it but for air and all cables are tight. It's a hardware or firmware issue as there's number of similar problems from googling the query. I thought it was a 4K problem only but noticed it sporadically on 1080 broadcasts, mainly only sport though.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 36 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tuscans,

Thank you for the update, so we can rule this out, please can you try a different HDMI cable and port on the TV, if possible if you have a portable Tv maybe try in this also, if the issue still persists after these checks them we will need to arrange for a technician visit.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos