Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 21 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Re: Flickering - Black screen V6

Hi Emma,

I’ve just reinstated the V6 box ability to display 4K in the settings menu.  I have left 1080p this selected also.  Standard definition and HD channels display their pictures perfectly but the picture on BT sport Ultimate (4K) and Virgin UHD (4K) channels still flicker on and off every second or so causing my TV to re-detect the resolution continually making 4K totally unwatchable!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 22 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. 

So at the moment it's just the two channels you're now having an issue with? 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 23 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Yes that’s correct.  Just the 4k channels which will not display on my TV.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 24 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

Thanks for coming back to us. Just running a diagnostic, and it's asking me to ask you is the power light on the box lit? If so, can you reboot the box for me?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 25 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Box rebooted as requested
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 26 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Thank you MarvinAndroid.

Has the picture improved at all since the reboot?

Let us know, 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 27 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Hi,
I’ve had two flicker free days of video from the V6 box. Switch to Standby late last night and when I switched back on just now the flickering had returned. It’s cutting the video signal to the TV about once a second and then immediately it comes back again. Just long enough to see a black screen and for the tv to have redetect the resolution so it displays the input banner. I changed the resolution down to 1080p and a stable picture is restored. It appears there’s an intermittent fault on my v6 box unless you going to come up with another suggestion.

D
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 28 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Hello MarvinAndroid

Sorry to hear about these issues,  We will need to look into this issue for you, I have had a check and it seems there is no area issues affecting this, So it seems highly likely it would be

an isolated issue.

I am going to send you a private message now.

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 29 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Bumping this thread as I'm getting the same issue. Thin, black horizontal lines will quickly flash, maybe a split second across the middle of the screen. Has effected me since December when I took out the TV sports package and I only notice it on BT Sport and Sky Sports. 

Not an issue with the tv ( LG B8 Oled ) as it's never appeared on the PS4, live tv on the television itself or streaming services. Rebooted the V6 several times over 3 months and checked for new firmware, still lines appear.Read on another topic about disabling the 2160 output but as I pay for a UHD package I'm not prepared to do that. 

Can someone advise as I'm not the first person to bring this up when doing a google search.

Cheers,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 30 of 36
Flag for a moderator

I think the problem is with up scaling of signals to 4K.  In the end I found the way round the problem was to go into the display settings on the V6 box and ‘untick” everything except 4K and 1080p.  With these settings the V6 displays the 4K channels at 4K without flickering and all other channels (SD and HD) at 1080p without flickering.

The only problem comes when Virgin does an overnight firmware update on the V6 box as it will then reset itself to 4K only so the flickering comes back.  You just have to go back to the settings menu again and select the settings as above again.

Its not ideal but it seems to work.

0 Kudos