cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing orange/green light after constant start up loop

Schultzy
Joining in

So we recently had reason for the TiVo box to be unplugged for a number of weeks. Plugging it back in, the box loaded up and TV channels came up. I then got an update prompt (if I recall correctly) and since running that, with the option to let it run in the background and continue watching programmes if I wished, we did so and turned the tv off to go and do other things. 

when we returned, the power light was flashing alternate colours green(white?)/orange with the WiFi and arrows icon flashing with the green sequence. 

rebooting results in the welcome screen, start up screen, a downloading screen icon and animation, and eventually the above sequence after a period of time. 

any assistance would be greatly appreciated or maybe I am being hopeful that it is not the sign of what feels like the yearly “your box has died” and yet another one to be sent for installation…..

3 REPLIES 3

SpacePhoenix
Fibre optic

Wonder if the box has been deactivated through not having been used for  a while. How many months was it unplugged for?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you quantify a "number" of weeks - TiVo & V6 are sometimes deactivated after being offline for (from memory) 30days, this is what's potentially started the issue.

If it's now stuck in the reboot loop, you can try this last throw of the dice..Turn off the V6 at switch; then on the V6 box hold down both the power button and the +button at the same time. Then turn on the V6 again whilst keeping hold of those buttons for a further 30 seconds. The box should reboot, the power button should turn blue, and it should reset and boot up normally

If this fails, then yes - you'll need to report your fault.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

About a month. Opted for an engineer to come out and the box has been replaced.