cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing Orange Light on TV Box

xedrius
Joining in

Hi. I have a flashing orange light on my v6 box and on the TV screen its frozen pn 'Starting Up'.  When I power down and restart, it freezes on the 'Welcome' screen.  This has been happening since yesterday.  Please help!

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can sometimes recover a V6 stuck in the reboot loop by...

Turn off the V6 at switch; then on the V6 box hold down both the power button and the +button at the same time. Then turn on the V6 again whilst keeping hold of those buttons for a further 30 seconds. The box should reboot, the power button should turn blue, and it should reset and boot up normally

If this fails, you'll need to report your fault. Either by calling in for an immediate response, or waiting on this forum a day or so for VM to respond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @xedrius 

Welcome to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your V6 at this time. 

Please do let us know if the steps @japitts have kindly provided here have helped to resolve this issue for you. If not, we can support further if needed. 

If you believe the issue to be resolved you can mark the thread as resolved by clicking on @japitts post as the helpful answer given and this will show anyone else having issue that an answer was given and direct them to the post, alternatively you can just like or 'kudos' posts if it helped you. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley