Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Fix for terrible HD?

Recently came to virgin and cannot believe how bad the HD is for sport’s (BT and Sky). I have never seen such a poor example of ‘HD’. I have tried the settings, had an engineer out and done all the trouble shooting and apparently, it’s just what it is. Anyone else experienced this, tried the things I’ve tried and found a solution?

I have tried different TVs and still poor poor quality. Very disappointed. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fix for terrible HD?

Hey Leyton300,

Thanks for joining the Community Forums. I'm really sorry for our delayed response and to hear that the HD quality on some channels isn't what you hoped for. This may possibly be down to a signal level issue.

Are there any other HD channels where the quality doesn't seem to be as high? Can you also tell me what different settings you have tried ?

If there are any known area issues that may be causing the poor picture quality, they should be listed here

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

What're your video output settings set to? (Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Video output)

What's the model of your TV?

And have you tried another HDMI cable and/or HDMI slot?

Virgin's HD pictures should be at least as good as those on Sky, all things being equal. But there's no single setting that suits every particular bit of A/V equipment. If you can post more details of yours, someone on here can probably advise.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I spent a long time on the phone to customers services, there are no local issues and also had an engineer here and he said there was nothing that he could find that would explain it. He pretty much said thats just as good as it is. BBC when i watch the football is just as bad really.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi i have tried all the settings, using all the guidance i found on here and other sites.

My TV is a Sony XF9005, tried different HDMI cable, different TV as well...same problems. Engineer tired number of things and couldn't find a solution.

Thanks though.

0 Kudos