Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Fitted Saturday - Error CodeS102

Morning. I am posting this in the hope that a Virgin employee is able to see this.

My partner had TV and Internet fitted on Saturday. The engineer was a lovely guy. He fitted the hardware, tested it and it was all fine. 

After about 2 hours the box restarted itself and then got stuck on a screen saying “Loading 33%”.

We rang technical support who went through a whole range of tests.

We then got told that it would have to be referred for network testing and this would take 5 days. The person took my partners email address and that was the last thing We have heard.

The Internet is working fine but the TV is still stuck on the loading screen.

This is terrible service for a new customer who was then told to wait 5 days and no communication since.

I am loathed to ring up again as the operative was rude to me on the phone and kept talking over me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Fitted Saturday - Error CodeS102

Hi that's dreadful, you were fobbed off re the 5 days issue, you can wait on here for a virgin person to respond which may take 3 or 4 days , I would be inclined to phone early in the morning 8am you should get through quicker, and go down the thinking of leaving us route you will get through to a person in the UK who know what they are taking about and hopefully will connect you with someone who can solve the problem, 150 free from a virgin phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi I have checked other posts relating to this error code, it appears that the box needs to be activated, so maybe the engineer didn't quite achieve this.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Micky. Much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pmp4, thanks for the message. 

We are sorry that you are having an issue with the box. 

Can you confirm if it came with activation instructions as there should be a number to call and this will ensure the box is activated. If you have any problems then please reply to this thread. 

Chris. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Would the engineer  or have done this whilst he was here?

It was all working fine when he left

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

We will send you a private message so that we can get some details and look at the account ^chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you

0 Kudos