Menu
Johnny1983
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Firmware update: 20.10.1.RC21

Hi Both my V6 boxes have just received firmware update 20.10.1.RC21 in the space of 24 hrs. One received the update yesterday morning. One received the update early this morning. I've noticed the radioline app doesn't work. It seems to be in-compatible 🙁. Looking at the forum from 2019. It appears to be a known issue 🤔. I've just spoken to virgins tv tech team. The lady said its a known issue. She's escalated it to her 2nd line team to have it fixed within 24-48hrs. Apart from radioline. All the other apps seem to load and work okay 🙂. Has the update fixed any other issues that virgin were aware of? 🤔 I did report a dolby digital sound issue to virgin tv tech team. Wonder if that's been fixed in the update aswell? 🤔 I reported faint sound on some recorded movies through my 2.1 channel soundbar. 

J.H
0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 2 of 41
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Firmware update: 20.10.1.RC21

The main thing that is expected in the update is the fixing of the audio drop out issue on BT Sport Ultimate.

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
Johnny1983
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Thank you ozsat that's good to know 🙂. I've been advised the update will fix other reported sound issues. Aswell as other bugs 🙂. Hopefully the radioline app will be fixed by weekend. As the lady over phone suggested 🙂

J.H
0 Kudos
fizz
Superfast
Message 4 of 41
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Can't wait. I don't know how many recordings I have had to bin because of the sound issues on BT sport... No update for me yet so I hope i get it before the games on tomorrow!

My Broadband Ping - Home Broadband
Johnny1983
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hey Fizz

I don't appear to of had any issues with bt-sports. Mind you Ive never recorded anything off bt-sport. But as long as you leave your v6 in standbye all the time. You should get your update soon. Its done region by region. I'm in Manchester 20 area code. 

J.H
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 41
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The issue with Radioline was one of several problems that cropped up with apps at the trial stage of the update. The problems with My5 & VEVO have already been resolved. The issue with Radioline is still a work in progress.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Johnny1983
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Yep nodrogd. I can confirm all apps work apart from the radioline app. I've spoke to virgin media's tv tech team this morning. The lady I spoke to has escalated the problem with the radioline app to her 2nd line team and said it should be working in the next 24-48 hrs which would give us Saturday afternoon. If it isn't fixed by then. I'm to call her back. She will then investigate further for me 🙂

J.H
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 41
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Johnny1983 wrote:

Yep nodrogd. I can confirm all apps work apart from the radioline app. I've spoke to virgin media's tv tech team this morning. The lady I spoke to has escalated the problem with the radioline app to her 2nd line team and said it should be working in the next 24-48 hrs which would give us Saturday afternoon. If it isn't fixed by then. I'm to call her back. She will then investigate further for me 🙂

I’m fully aware of the progress with this issue via the VIP forum. Let’s say you might be waiting a little longer than the weekend 😉.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Johnny1983
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hey Nodrogd 

24-48hrs was only an estimation 🙂.

I'm well aware these fixes can take longer than expected. I've been a virgin media customer since 2014 myself. So I do know how long it can take virgin media to fix faults 🙂

J.H
0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 10 of 41
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The rollout is done in areas at a time - and over a period of several weeks.

When your area is done - the box will automatically update within 24 hours.

The Radioline issue, if it is a general fault, is likely to be a few weeks at least.

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31