Menu
Tigsteroonie
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Finally got V6 but S102 erro

After the engineer providing Tivo500 boxes on installation last week (not impressed) we've had the V6 boxes delivered today; but I cannot get beyond the S102 'unable to acquire channelinformation' error message. 

I've phoned VM and selected the option to "activate quickstart box" but still getting the S102 error on both boxes.

Am posting here whilst on hold to speak to a human at VM - I've had faster responses on here before, hoping it might work again!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Tigsteroonie
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Finally got V6 but S102 erro

Not yet resolved.

Weirdly the bedroom box - connected by Wifi - has now decided to move past the S102 error and has finally started up. But still have a problem with the main box downstairs. Have tried both on ethernet and on wifi. Still on hold to C/Services too, 42 minutes and counting.
0 Kudos
Tigsteroonie
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Finally got V6 but S102 erro

Resolved by way of a human being. But for anybody else, I'll post it here ...

It turns out that somebody had miskeyed the Serial Number of our shipped V6 boxes on our account. One box S/N was correct and that connected once the service was activated (which you have to phone 150 to do) but the second box would never have connected itself as the S/N on our account had a typo.

One the nice gentleman had corrected our S/N on the account, the V6 rebooted and finally installed.

Just goes to show, sometimes there's a manual error that only manual intervention can resolve. 

0 Kudos