cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Film 4 HD audio

TRT1968
Superfast

The audio on film 4 HD is awful. Too quiet especially dialogue but adverts are super loud if you turn it up. 
Only seems to affect some films. Star Trek: Generations was fine but The Predator is terrible. 
I've tried setting Dolby digital to PCM but no difference. 

7 REPLIES 7

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @TRT1968,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with Film 4 sound at the moment.

Is this issue impacting any other channels at all? Is this issue happening on Live TV only, or on Catch-Up as well?

Have you been able to take a look at our TV Faults page to see if this can help identify your issue? Let us know how you get on so we can investigate further.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

It's specifically the HD channel. You can flip from HD to SD and it makes the world of difference to audio levels the TV is registering the same resolution and PCM on both HD and SD. 

OK, so I watched Charlie's Angels this weekend and the audio wasn't quite as low as Predator, but it was still noticeably lower than the advert break, something that doesn't happen on the SD channel. 

Audio is all over the place with the HD movie channels recently. At various times I find the audio is low during certain scenes in the same movie, I also find that some movie audio sounds very hollow throughout the movie unless I reconfigure my V6 from DD to PCM.

I'd hate to think what it would be like if I hadn't also done that! It's still pretty bad, though, even with PCM activated.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @TRT1968,

Welcome back, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issue with your audio.

Are you still having issues with this? Is it only on this one channel?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Yes. It's only some films, and some are worse than others. More recent films seem to be the worse - ones with enhanced surround mixes like Dolby Digital. It's also only the Film4HD channel - the SD channel is ok.