Menu
absami
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Favorites Folder Issue

Hello, I am using Hub 3 and when I try to switch channels forward/backward in favorites folder, these are switched according to the numbering of all channels instead of the ones saved in favorites folder only.

I called Virgin helpline and the lady informed me that is the current behavior of Hub 3 and they have taken my feedback and will improve in the future.

I don't believe this as this is a very basic and old functionality which should be present in Hub 3 or maybe something is wrong with the unit I have.

Can anyone please help with this? TIA

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Favorites Folder Issue

Hi absami,

Are you talking about a profile you have set up for yourself on the 360?

If so you can rearrange the order by pressing up or down on your remote keypad and then clicking on Confirm when you've finished.

You can also rearrange the order of channels in a profile via the TVGo app on a computer, laptop, tablet or phone by dragging the channels to the position you want.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
absami
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi newapollo,

I am not sure what is 360. I purchased Big Oomph bundle from Virgin which contains TV + Broadband + Phone + Sim. I am talking about the 'My Favorites' folder (see below) which is present in Hub 3 by default.

I have set various channels as favorites which appear in the folder but when I am inside this folder and press channel buttons (next or previous) on remote, those do not appear in the order of what is saved in 'My favorites' folder but start appearing according to numerical order present in the folder 'All channels' (see below). This kills the purpose of having the folder 'My favorites'.

channels.jpg

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi absami,

We need to wait for your photo to be approved by form staff before we can see it.

The hub3 is just for your internet connection and doesn't have a favourites folder.

The hub 3 connects to your TV box, either wirelessly or with an ethernet cable, and allows you to play On Demand programs and it updates the EPG.

You posted in the TV360 forum so I assumed you have a 360 TV box.

It's possible that you only have a V6 box. You can look at the images in <<< this link >>>  to confirm which box you have.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
absami
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, my bad. Its a V6 box.

0 Kudos
absami
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Can anyone move the post to V6 section or should I create a new post there?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@absami 

Your post has been moved to the V6 board and no, please no need to create duplicate posts! (I know you didn't, I'm just saying....)

Onto your issue, the Hub indeed has nothing to do with this. It provides your V6 with internet connectivity but has nothing to do with the TiVo software.

If I understand your issue, this is correct behaviour. Putting selected channels into the favourites list just lets you view the full-screen EPG (TV guide) with those favourites instead of seeing all channels that are carried by VM. Once you've selected a channel to view, then you've exited the favourites section and are just viewing normal live TV - where you do indeed scroll through all available channels.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @absami,

Thank you for your posts. We're here to help.

As I can see some members of the community have stated in this thread, the Hub 3 is the equipment that provides you with your broadband connection. With its connection to your V6 box, it'll provide you services for your On Demand content and apps, but won't impact live TV which would include those you categorise into your Favourites folder.

With your V6 box and the Favourites functionality, just to clarify, are you stating that once you're on live TV after selecting a channel via Favourites that when pressing Channel Up or Channel Down that it's moving through all channels and not exclusively your Favourites selection?

If so, this is how it is designed to work; you'll have to refer back to your Favourites folder to condense and select only Favourites selected channels.

Hope that clears things up, but let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
absami
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou @jappits and @Zack_R for confirming that it is not possible to exclusively view channels saved in favorites by pressing Channel Up or Channel Down button.

It gets very annoying to switch the channels without this feature and find it strange that Virgin hasn't given this functionality which is very basic. I guess it is what it is.

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Absami,

Thanks for your thoughts on this aspect that you feel is missing on our TV services, I can understand why you feel this would be a good idea.

We are always open to new ideas for the future and we thank you for your input 🙂

Thanks so much, 

Megan_L

0 Kudos