Menu
MrMundo
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Faulty/dead box

Woke up a few days ago and my box was turned off which was unusual. When i turned it on it began flashing followed by what seemed to be some sort of downloading image.

Once it had finished the box seemed to start up as expected but then it went to a grey screen and then started to run the same process over and over again.

I've tried all the reset procedures but it's made no difference and I've been without my tv services for 3/4 days. Also i can't get hold of anyone to resolve the issue or send a replacement box.

Is anyone else having similar problems??

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Faulty/dead box

Does sound like a software update has got borked (technical term!) somehow.

One for faults for sure. 150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from another phone - there maybe queues at some times but most people seem to be getting through with some patience.

Or you could try the text message service - 07533 051809, you should get a response in a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Katie_WT
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Faulty/dead box

Hi there @MrMundo

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - so sorry that one of your V6 boxes is having a bit of an issue. I have been able to locate your account from here and can indeed see that one of them is having some issues.

I have run some diagnostic checks on it from here and rather than a box replacement, we'd need to send a technician to come and take a closer look. I have gone ahead and booked one for you. You can check the date and time of the visit via your online account. If the date selected is not convenient, you can reschedule via your online account.

If you have any issues with locating the visit information, please do pop back and let us know and we'll do what we can to help.

Keep us posted with how the visit goes

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide