Menu
Jostro65
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Faulty box

Been having issue with bedroom box last couple months now, living room box is fine. Trying to watch on demand or recorded programs at times results in lag, freezing, some times box just locks up and restarts itself. Sometimes get can't connect message, sick of restarting hub/box and this doesn't sort it anyway. Eventually decided to call CS despite the horrendous but understandable wait times. Result was eventually to get a tech out, problem there is that I'm shielding due to chemo just now.  Oh, no tech visit allowed then, fine can you send me a replacement box? No we can't, until it's been checked by a tech, which wont be any time soon. Her final word were "just monitor it and see if it keeps happening". Really? Thats the solution? I understand rules but I'm sure during the current situation we could try to adapt, obviously not. Fine, not paying for a faulty service, through to cancellations, "oh that's a shame, I can't order you a box either but I can cancel and charge £240 fee if you'd like. Apparently I'm in contract until february. I can guarantee you come february you will be losing a customer who has been with you since NTL times, tv/phone/broadband/mobile, the lot. 

Incredibly poor service.

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Faulty box

Good Afternoon Jostro65,

Thanks for your post and I'm terribly sorry to see that you've had a poor experience with our customer services

You still should be able to get an engineer visit, or a replacement box. I will send you a private message so that we can get this resolved for you. 

Chris 

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Faulty box

Hi @Jostro65,

Thank you for joining us in a Private Message regarding your TV Box issue. Following our Private Messages, we may need an engineer to be sent out but I appreciate that due to the current situation, it may not be ideal to get one sent out. We have looked at the Box error on our side and it may be a network issue. As your on a package that allows for free WiFi Boosters, I've ordered some for you and it should arrive within 5 days. Please check your online account for the order status (may be too early at the moment for it to pop up) and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos