Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Faulty V6 box hard drive

Hi,

I have a faulty V6 box which is clicking on boot up and not getting past the welcome screen. It cycles through that screen and a reboot every 2-3 minutes while you can hear the internal hard drive (I assume) constantly clicking. 

I have tried calling for support 3 times in the last week but each time been on hold for 50-60 minutes before having the call disconnect. 

Would it be possible to arrange an engineer or replacement box through here as the questions on the online portal do not seem to give me enough options to book an engineer. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Faulty V6 box hard drive

@Richhanlon wrote:

Hi,

I have tried calling for support 3 times in the last week but each time been on hold for 50-60 minutes before having the call disconnect. 

Would it be possible to arrange an engineer or replacement box through here as the questions on the online portal do not seem to give me enough options to book an engineer. 

You can wait for VM staff to respond on here, but there's currently a backlog of around a week. There's also a text message service (07533 051809) which has a turnaround time of a couple of days.

As frustrating as I'm sure it is, keeping calling and not giving up, could well be the quickest way. I wish there was another answer 😞

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos